A few weeks ago hubby and I went on a rare date and as usual ended up at a book store at the end of the evening. After pursuing the history section and the new fiction, we headed over to the cookbook section. Oh how we both love cookbooks. I read them like novels and jerry enjoys whatever I make from them.
We came across Nigella Lawson’s new cookbook Nigellissima. What a treasure. We sat and looked through each and every recipe. The pictures made us drool. Needless to say, it came home with us that night. We have had a lot of fun cooking since then.
Since we are celebrating meatless dishes during Lent, I know you will enjoy this weeks edition of Tasty Tuesday. This recipe is simple and very tasty. Garlic, onions, zucchini and pasta. Add in some butter and white wine and baby we have a party on a plate. It’s French meets Italian meets Easy Peasy dinner prep.
I know, you love me. You really love me.
I love you too!
If your looking for more cooking inspiration, check out my Recipe Catalog. There’s a lot to choose from.
Celebrate the Feast!
This weeks recipe is being shared with Nap Time Creations, Balancing Beauty and Bedlam , Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy’s Recipe Box, Fat Tuesday @ Real Food Forager, Domestically Divine Homemaking Link Up, What’s Cooking Wednesday @ Tales from the Fairy Blogmother, Raising Homemakers, Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, The Kids in the Kitchen Link-up @ Young Living Oil Lady, This Chic Cooks, Cast Party Wednesday @ Lady behind the Curtain, 33 Shades of Green, Full Plate @ Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, Friday Flair @ Whipperberry Food on Friday’s @ Anne Kroeker, Simply Delish Saturday @ KB and Whitsnakes Home, Cooking Thursday @ A Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, GCC Recipe swap @ The Grocery Cart Challenge, Weekend Potluck @ The Country Cook as well as the Hearth and Soul Blog Hop@21st Century Housewife. Head on over to their blogs and check out other fabulous recipes.
Pasta with Zucchini
original recipe from Nigella Lawson’s Nigellissima Cookbook
16 ounces pasta
4 TBS finely chopped garlic
3 TBS olive oil
3 TBS olive oil
8 scallions, thinly sliced
2 pounds zucchini, finely diced (4-6 zucchini depending on size)
1/2 cup dry white wine
small bunch of parsley, chopped
6 TBS grated parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
4 tsp unsalted butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta per package directions
2. Add olive oil to pan. Put the garlic and chopped scallions in pan on medium heat, stirring for 1 minute
3. add the diced zucchini and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally
4. add the wine, letting it bubble, followed by 4 TBS of the chopped parsley, salt to taste, then lower the heat, cover with the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the zucchini is tender.
5. Before draining pasta, remove cup of starchy water.
6. place the pasta back in the pot, add the zucchini, along with Parmesan and 1/4 cup of pasta-cooking water. Combine thoroughly and add more cheese and salt to taste. Place in bowl and sprinkle with the rest of the parsley.
Return to The Catholic Conspiracy