|baked bubbly delightfullness|
This week at the Ultimate Recipe Swap over @ Life As Mom the theme was Potluck Foods or dishes that travel well. Being the queen of the casseroles I thought I would try another recipe from Dream Dinners. This Baked Spaghetti freezes very well and is easy to make in bulk. I always have a few casseroles frozen in the deep freeze ready to thaw and deliver to a new mom or someone who is having a tough day and needs a little help. I have been blessed so many times by someone doing this for me it is an honor to pass that love along to someone else.
The flavor combo is a little different from other baked spaghetti’s I have made in the past. This one has olives, mushrooms, peppers, meatballs and lots of cheese in all it’s yummy ooey gooey melty wonderfulness. Make sure you only cook the spaghetti al dente so it doesn’t become mushy if you freeze it.
Celebrate the Feast!
a bowl of deliciousness
recipe adapted from Dream Dinners by Stephanie Allen & Tina Kuna
1 cup diced yellow onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
2 15oz cans diced tomatoes, with juice
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
6 ozs spaghetti
1 16 oz bag of frozen meatballs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups Italian Cheese bend
1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 2.4 oz can black olives, sliced
* Spray one 9×13-inch baking dish w/nonstick cooking spray
* Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions.
* Combine the onion, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl and stir until incorporated. Set aside.
* Place half the cooked spaghetti in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
* Sprinkle w/half the Parmesan and half of the shredded cheese.
* Repeat, beginning w/ the remaining spaghetti and ending with the vegetable mixture. Set aside.
* In a bowl, combine the mushroom soup w/an equal amount of water and pour over the baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, shredded cheese, and olives.
* Cover w/aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for one hour. remove the foil and bake uncovered for 30 minutes more.
Return to The Catholic Conspiracy